Clinicians can use a geriatric assessment for an objective appraisal of the health status of older patients with multiple myeloma.
Cancer Therapy Advisor asked Dr Andersen about whether it is possible to improve outcomes among patients with multiple myeloma by identifying those at risk of infection among the transplant-eligible.
Does the failure of pembrolizumab in multiple myeloma clinical trials imply checkpoint inhibition is unlikely to work for patients with the disease?
Enthusiasm for the CAR T cell approach may redirect rather than augment other possibly safer, more effective, evolutionarily informed approaches to cancer therapy.
While liquid biopsies could prove successful in monitoring treatments, these tests might also find early-stage cancers that, left alone, would never progress.
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Platinum Therapy Should Not Be Delayed in Ovarian Cancer Relapse
- Identifying Frail Patients With Multiple Myeloma Improves Treatment Selection
- Outcomes in Pancreatic Cancer Not Improved by Gemcitabine Plus Erlotinib
- Cabozantinib Effective as Salvage Therapy in Thyroid Cancer
- Q&A With Kristian Thidemann Andersen, MD, PhD: Infection in Multiple Myeloma After HDT-ASCT