ADALAT CC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nifedipine 30mg, 60mg, 90mg; ext rel tabs.
Indications for ADALAT CC:
Swallow whole on empty stomach. Initially 30mg once daily. Usual maintenance: 30–60mg once daily. Titrate over 7–14 days; max 90mg/day.
Calcium channel blocker (dihydropyridine).
Aortic stenosis. Angina. Severe obstructive coronary artery disease. Heart failure. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates antihypertensives, digoxin, tacrolimus. Angina and heart failure possible with β-blockers. Potentiated by cimetidine, doxazosin, ketoconazole, valproic acid, grapefruit juice, other CYP3A4 inhibitors. Antagonized by rifampin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, St. John's wort, other CYP3A4 inducers. Monitor oral anticoagulants, quinidine. Hypotension possible with fentanyl.
Peripheral edema, headache, flushing, dizziness, fatigue, constipation, muscle cramps, rash; exacerbation of angina, heart failure (rare).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Demonstrates Activity in Recurrent Glioblastoma
- Anastrozole More Effective than Tamoxifen for Postmenopausal Women with Ductal Carcinoma
- mFOLFOX6 Plus Radiotherapy Results in Higher pCR in Rectal Cancer
- Nivolumab Significantly Improves Outcomes in Advanced Melanoma
- PARP Inhibitors for Recurrent Ovarian Cancer: No 'Embarrassment of Riches' Just Yet
- Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Pancreatic Cancer
- New Screening Method May Identify Twice As Many Women with Ovarian Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancers Treatment Regimens
- Nicotinamide Safe, Effective for Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer Prevention in High-Risk Patients
- Prostate Cancer Working Group Updates CRPC Clinical Trial Guidelines
- Panitumumab, Accelerated Fractionation RX Not Superior to Standard of Care in Head and Neck Cancer
- Complete Response Rate at 30 Months Correlates with Progression-Free Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Neratinib Improves Two-Year Survival in Breast Cancer After Adjuvant Chemo, Trastuzumab
- Palbociclib, Fulvestrant Improves Progression-Free Survival in HR+, HER2- Breast Cancer
- Denosumab Significantly Reduces Fractures in Postmenopausal Women with Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|