PD-1 inhibition with pembrolizumab may be an effective treatment option for adolescent and young adult patients with some sarcoma subtypes.
There may be potential clinical benefits to performing hereditary cancer risk assessments and multi-gene panel testing in patients with sarcoma.
Talimogene laherparepvec plus ipilimumab improves the overall response rate over ipilimumab alone among patients with unresected, advanced melanoma.
Several presentations demonstrated that abemaciclib provides clinical benefit for women with HR+/HER2-negative breast cancer who progress on or are resistant to endocrine therapy.
Targeted and immunotherapeutic approaches are poised to change how sarcoma will be treated in the future. Trials are being used to match tumors with appropriate treatment choices.
The management of metastatic breast cancer resistant or refractory to hormonal treatments, while still challenging, is rapidly improving.
Maintenance pembrolizumab does not prolong progression-free survival, though it may improve overall survival, among patients with extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer.
Adding afatinib to standard CRT is not recommended for patients with primary unresected, high- or intermediate-risk HNSCC.
Momelotinib, an oral JAK inhibitor, is non-inferior to ruxolitinib in reducing spleen volume, though not for improving disease-related symptoms, among patients with myelofibrosis.
Although aldoxorubicin did not improve OS, the available evidence suggests that it is nevertheless superior to doxorubicin — particularly among patients with liposarcoma and leiomyosarcoma.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Arrival of CAR-T Immunotherapy Raise Hopes for Treatment and Anxieties About Costs
- St John's Wort and Cancer
- Osimertinib Granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation as First-line Treatment for EGFR-positive NSCLC
- Radiation Therapy Increases 5-year Rate of Cardiac Events in Small-cell Lung Cancer
- Pazopanib: Where Does It Stand as Adjuvant Therapy in Localized RCC?
- Nivolumab Plus Chemotherapy Improves Overall Survival and Response Rate in NSCLC
- Smoking Tobacco Increases Costs and Decreases QoL in Advanced NSCLC
- Post-surgery Chemotherapy Based on BRCA1 Levels Fails To Improve Survival in NSCLC
- NSCLC: Researchers Identify Socioeconomic Factors Linked to Overall Survival
- Savolitinib Plus Gefitinib May Be Effective in EGFR-Mutant, MET-amplified NSCLC