Dr Isabel Cunningham discusses some of the important studies presented at the 2016 ASH meeting.
Idarubicin plus high-dose cytarabine (HDAC) with or without vorinostat was not superior to 7+3 chemotherapy.
Some patients with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) who have maintained deep molecular responses for at least 2 years can safely discontinue nilotinib.
Tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) cessation appears feasible and safe in patients with chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase (CML-CP).
There were no differences in molecular relapse-free survival between patients with prior 4.5 log reduction but detectable disease and those with undetectable disease
Tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) can be safely and successfully discontinued a second time despite failing first discontinuation.
All-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) plus arsenic trioxide with or without chemotherapy induces high remission rates.
Generic formulations of imatinib appear to be non-inferior to Novartis's Gleevec brand formulation with respect to clinical efficacy and tolerability.
Serum free light chain measurements correlate more closely with clinical outcomes than urine assessments in patients with light chain multiple myeloma.
Obinutuzumab-based induction and maintenance chemoimmunotherapy significantly improved progression-free survival.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Calcium and Cancer
- Checkpoint Inhibition in Multiple Myeloma After Pembrolizumab-related Clinical Trial Deaths
- Atezolizumab Monotherapy Effective in PD-L1 Non-small Cell Lung Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Prolongs Overall Survival Compared With Ipilimumab in Melanoma
- Cabozantinib Effective as Salvage Therapy in Thyroid Cancer
- Everolimus Maintains Quality of Life in Neuroendocrine Tumors
- High Dose Vitamin B Supplements Should Not Be Taken for Lung Cancer Prevention
- Telomere Length May Predict Renal Cell Carcinoma Risk in Patients with VHL
- Platinum Therapy Should Not Be Delayed in Ovarian Cancer Relapse
- Identifying Frail Patients With Multiple Myeloma Improves Treatment Selection