PD-1 inhibition with pembrolizumab may be an effective treatment option for adolescent and young adult patients with some sarcoma subtypes.
There may be potential clinical benefits to performing hereditary cancer risk assessments and multi-gene panel testing in patients with sarcoma.
Talimogene laherparepvec plus ipilimumab improves the overall response rate over ipilimumab alone among patients with unresected, advanced melanoma.
Several presentations demonstrated that abemaciclib provides clinical benefit for women with HR+/HER2-negative breast cancer who progress on or are resistant to endocrine therapy.
Targeted and immunotherapeutic approaches are poised to change how sarcoma will be treated in the future. Trials are being used to match tumors with appropriate treatment choices.
The management of metastatic breast cancer resistant or refractory to hormonal treatments, while still challenging, is rapidly improving.
Maintenance pembrolizumab does not prolong progression-free survival, though it may improve overall survival, among patients with extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer.
Adding afatinib to standard CRT is not recommended for patients with primary unresected, high- or intermediate-risk HNSCC.
Momelotinib, an oral JAK inhibitor, is non-inferior to ruxolitinib in reducing spleen volume, though not for improving disease-related symptoms, among patients with myelofibrosis.
Although aldoxorubicin did not improve OS, the available evidence suggests that it is nevertheless superior to doxorubicin — particularly among patients with liposarcoma and leiomyosarcoma.
Reducing the duration of androgen-deprivation therapy with radiation therapy from 36 months to 18 months is safe for patients with high-risk prostate cancer.
Patients with early stage, HER2-negative breast cancer may be sufficiently well-treated with docetaxel and cyclophosphamide instead of anthracycline-based chemotherapy.
Don Dizon, MD: In addition to important clinical trial outcomes that evaluated novel strategies across tumor types, there were impressive studies aiming to help our patients live with cancer as well.
An automated bone scan index at baseline is clinically validated as a prognostic biomarker in men with castration-resistant prostate with bone metastases.
Only 21% of patients underwent IGHV mutation-testing prior to initiating bendamustine plus rituximab therapy; 46% of tested patients were IGHV-mutated.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Pancreatitis and the Risk of Cancer
- RAMIE May Improve Post-operative Outcomes Among Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy With Cytoreductive Surgery Prolongs OS in Gastric Cancer
- Renal Cell Carcinoma: Cost of Treatment May Negate Impact of Treatment Advances
- Pembrolizumab May Be Effective for Previously Treated Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- CTC Screening May Be Effective Method for Preventing Colorectal Cancer
- Physical Activity Intervention May Improve Functional Well-being Among CRC Survivors
- Atezolizumab With Cobimetinib Yields Partial Response in Small Number of Patients With CRC
- Nivolumab May Improve Long-term Complete Response Rate in Subset of Patients With mCRC
- Alcohol Consumption and Cancer