ASH 2016 Complete Coverage
Dr Isabel Cunningham discusses some of the important studies presented at the 2016 ASH meeting.
Idarubicin plus high-dose cytarabine (HDAC) with or without vorinostat was not superior to 7+3 chemotherapy.
Some patients with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) who have maintained deep molecular responses for at least 2 years can safely discontinue nilotinib.
Tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) cessation appears feasible and safe in patients with chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase (CML-CP).
There were no differences in molecular relapse-free survival between patients with prior 4.5 log reduction but detectable disease and those with undetectable disease
Tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) can be safely and successfully discontinued a second time despite failing first discontinuation.
All-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) plus arsenic trioxide with or without chemotherapy induces high remission rates.
Generic formulations of imatinib appear to be non-inferior to Novartis's Gleevec brand formulation with respect to clinical efficacy and tolerability.
Serum free light chain measurements correlate more closely with clinical outcomes than urine assessments in patients with light chain multiple myeloma.
Obinutuzumab-based induction and maintenance chemoimmunotherapy significantly improved progression-free survival.
Pediatric patients with acute lymphoblastic lymphoma (ALL) at standard risk for relapse do not benefit from lower-intensity, delayed intensification therapy.
Patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) who achieve complete remission have improved overall survival.
In higher-risk patients who fail hypomethylating agent treatment, no induction strategy is superior to another with respect to outcomes and safety.
Consolidation therapy with a condensed schedule of high-dose cytarabine (HDAC) is superior to a standard schedule.
A higher dose of idarubicin during consolidation therapy improves leukemia-free survival without increasing non-hematologic toxicity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Low-fat Diet and Breast Cancer
- The Adverse Effects of Sarcoma Treatment in Cancer Survivors
- Some Patients With Terminal Cancer Receive Unnecessary Aggressive Treatment
- Anti-CD19 CAR-T Cells May Be Safe and Effective in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Active Surveillance and Watchful Waiting for Low-risk Prostate Cancer
- Weight in Adolescence May Predict Colorectal Cancer Risk
- Haploidentical Transplantation Effective as Front-line Therapy for Standard-risk ALL
- Ipilimumab Indication Expanded To Include Pediatric Unresectable or Metastatic Melanoma
- Immune-mediated Hepatitis: Challenges in Management
- Phase 1 Study of A Dendritic Cell Vaccine for High-grade Glioma and Glioblastoma