Most Recent Articles by C. Andrew Kistler, MD, PharmD, RPh
Pain management continues to be a challenge for patients with pancreatic cancer, though CPN may provide significant pain relief and an opportunity to reduce the amount of required narcotics.
Volatile Organic Compounds and Esophageal Cancer: Understanding the Implications for Diagnosis and TreatmentSep 08, 2017
While utilization of VOCs in the early detection of esophageal cancer has shown promise, future studies should aim at determining which VOCs would be the most specific in diagnosing GI malignancies.
As more experience with sirolimus has been gained, it began to be used "off-label" to prevent rejection in multiple transplant recipients and is now being studied in the treatment of GVHD.
Telotristat represents a new treatment option that may decrease diarrhea incidence with a relatively safe side effect profile.
The incidence of immune-mediated hepatitis in patients receiving immunotherapy varies based on the agent and other concomitant medications, though it is not uncommon.
More Articles by C. Andrew Kistler, MD, PharmD, RPh
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Ultrasonography May Detect Thyroid Cancer Growth Arrest, Negating Need for Treatment
- Do Additional Chromosomal Abnormalities Noted at CML Diagnosis Affect Response and Survival?
- Does Education Level Predict PSA Screening and Prostate Cancer Survival?
- Pembrolizumab May Benefit Selected Patients With Incurable Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Unrelated HSCT, UCBT May Yield Similar Survival Outcomes in Acute Leukemia
- Adjuvant Gefitinib Improves Disease-free Survival Among Patients With NSCLC
- Phase 1 Study of Binimetinib Plus Pexidartinib for GIST
- Phase 2 Study of Nivolumab vs Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab for GIST
- Pesticides and Cancer
- Goserelin Mitigates Risk of Ovarian Failure, Improves Breast Cancer Survival Rate