Generic Name and Formulations:
Vismodegib 150mg; caps.
- FDA Approves Sonidegib for Locally Advanced Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Vismodegib Plus Gemcitabine Provide Clinical Benefit in Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- Study Identifies New Combination Therapy for Esophageal Adenocarcinoma
Indications for ERIVEDGE:
Treatment of adults with metastatic basal cell carcinoma, or locally advanced basal cell carcinoma that has recurred following surgery or who are not candidates for surgery, and who are not candidates for radiation.
Swallow whole. 150mg once daily, until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Risk of embryo-fetal death and severe birth defects in pregnant women. Verify pregnancy status within 7 days prior to initiation of therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for 24 months after final dose; male patients should use condoms (even after a vasectomy) during and for 3 months after final dose. Advise patients not to donate blood or blood products during therapy and for 24 months after final dose. Advise male patients not to donate semen during and for 3 months after final dose. Premature fusion of the epiphyses may occur in pediatrics if exposed. Pregnancy: avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 24 months after final dose).
Hedgehog pathway inhibitor.
Muscle spasms, alopecia, dysgeusia, weight loss, fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, decreased appetite, constipation, arthralgias, ageusia; amenorrhea.
Report immediately exposure to Erivedge during pregnancy by contacting the Genentech Adverse Event Line at (888) 835-2555.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Vegan Diet and Cancer
- As HPV-Related Cancer Rates Climb, Experts Scrutinize Barriers to HPV Vaccination
- Ponatinib Tops Bosutinib for Third-Line Treatment of CML in a Comparative Analysis
- Are Next-Gen Antibody-Drug Conjugates a Path Forward for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and Myeloma?
- Duvelisib Delayed Progression in CLL/SLL: Study
- FDA-Approved Breast Cancer Drug Treatments
- A Trained Dog Smells Early-Stage Lung Cancer With a High Degree of Accuracy
- FDA-Approved Prostate Cancer Drug Treatments
- FDA-Approved Colorectal Cancer Drug Treatments
- Synthetic or Plant-Based Cannabis for Symptom Relief in Patients With Cancer: Do We Have Any Evidence?
- Immune-Related Adverse Events Due to Checkpoint Inhibition Are More Common in Melanoma Than in NSCLC
- Potential Diagnostic Tool Detects BCR-ABL1 mRNA in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- BTK Inhibitor Zanubrutinib Appears Promising in Waldenström Macroglobulinemia
- Carfilzomib Regimens Offer a Neuropathy-Sparing Approach in Multiple Myeloma, WM
- Apalutamide Does Not Diminish Quality of Life in Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer