Prostate specific antigen (PSA) screening in some cases led to overdetection of prostate cancer, and now the same is occurring with recurrence.
[Cancer Control] Castleman disease is a lesser seen lymphoproliferative disorder, which is characterized as either localized or multicentric, with differing treatments typically utilized for each type.
The Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) conducted a trial to investigate whether treatment deintensification was feasible in patients with HPV-associated cancer.
NSAIDs target stem cells that have accumulated mutations that could lead to cancer development and a biochemical pathway that leads to apoptosis.
Many changes occur in the gastrointestinal tract during the aging process that can directly impact gastric motility following surgery.
Research highlights how lack of guidelines regarding illness and adequate staffing at hospitals may be reason for oncologists working while sick.
ASCO issued a new policy statement that outlines nine specific recommendations to reform Medicaid and improve treatment for low-income patients with cancer.
Oncology clinicians must balance the cost, benefit, and risk when comparing inpatient versus outpatient care for patients.
Researchers delineated the intratumoral dendritic cells population and identified CD103+ DCs, extremely sparse yet remarkably capable cytotoxic T cell (CTL) stimulators.
Biochemotherapy prolongs relapse-free survival in malignant melanoma compared with high-dose interferon, but newer agents are safer and more effective.
Evaluating Benign Thyroid Nodules: The Appropriate Time Interval After Initial Fine Needle Aspiration
Kenneth D. Burman, MD, discusses study suggesting that optimal time for repeat evaluation of benign thyroid nodules is 2 to 4 years.
[Cancer Informatics] When examined, cancer comorbidities can reveal valuable clues to understanding the underlying genetic mechanisms of cancers. The comorbidity patterns among different patient groups and the effect of age and gender on cancer comorbidity patterns are investigated.
Proton beam therapy (PBT) offers clear dosimetric advantages, but it's not clear that it is superior to less expensive modalities.
Alternative therapies may be safely combined with traditional cancer treatments.
Research indicates that teenage and young adult patients with cancer may need additional assistance to avoid succumbing to their disease.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) Treatment Regimens: Burkitt Lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) Treatment Regimens: AIDS-Related B-Cell Lymphoma
- Presenteeism May Be a Problem for Oncologists and, Ultimately, Their Patients
- Treatment Deintensification for HPV-Associated Oropharynx Cancer
- Researchers Identify Mechanism by Which NSAIDs Prevent Colon Cancer
- Cancer Surgery Cost Not Linked with Hospital Volume
- Ramucirumab Plus Pemetrexed and Platinum Chemotherapy Shows Clinical Activity in Advanced Nonsquamous NSCLC
- For Advanced Ewing Sarcoma, Olaparib Alone Not Effective
- High Rates of Overdetection of Recurrence of Prostate Cancer
- Androgen Deprivation Therapy in Men with Prostate Cancer and Increased Risk of Cardiovascular Events