Possible Link Between rs61764370, Prognosis in Colorectal Cancer
the Cancer Therapy Advisor take:
The single nucleotide polymorphism (rs61764370, T>G base substitution) in the let-7 (a tumor suppressor miRNA) complementary site 6 (LCS-6) of KRAS mRNA may be a response biomarker to neoadjuvant therapy, according to an article published online in the journal Annals of Oncology.
The study included 164 patients with colorectal cancer, 155 (94.5%) of which were analyzed successfully. Of the 155 patients, 123 (79.4%) had the LCS-6 TT genotype and 32 (20.6%) had the LCS-6 TG genotype.
Patients who were carriers of the G allele had a significantly greater rate of complete response after being administered neoadjuvant therapy (28.1% vs. 10.6%; P=0.020) and a trend for better rates of 5-year progression-free survival (PFS; 77.4% vs. 64.5%; HR 0.56; P=0.152) and overall survival (OS; 80.3% vs. 71.9%: HR 0.59; P=0.234).
Results showed the complete response and survival outcomes were found to be independent of the use of cetuximab, which led to the conclusion that rs61764370 does not appear to predict benefit.
Furthermore, it was observed that patients with the LCS-6 TT genotype appeared to have a stronger correlation to the negative prognostic effects associated with the KRAS mutation (HR PFS 1.70, P=0.078; HR OS 1.79, P=0.082) compared to patients with the LCS-6 TG genotype (HR PFS 1.33, P=0.713; HR OS 1.01, P=0.995).
Single nucleotide polymorphism in the let-7 complementary site 6 of KRAS mRNA may be a response biomarker in colorectal cancer.
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Pesticides and Cancer
- Rare Cancer: An Underserved Area of Oncology
- Ultrasonography May Detect Thyroid Cancer Growth Arrest, Negating Need for Treatment
- Pembrolizumab May Benefit Selected Patients With Incurable Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Does Education Level Predict PSA Screening and Prostate Cancer Survival?
- Adjuvant Gefitinib Improves Disease-free Survival Among Patients With NSCLC
- Phase 1 Study of Binimetinib Plus Pexidartinib for GIST
- Phase 2 Study of Nivolumab vs Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab for GIST
- Pesticides and Cancer
- Goserelin Mitigates Risk of Ovarian Failure, Improves Breast Cancer Survival Rate