Possible Link Between rs61764370, Prognosis in Colorectal Cancer
the Cancer Therapy Advisor take:
The single nucleotide polymorphism (rs61764370, T>G base substitution) in the let-7 (a tumor suppressor miRNA) complementary site 6 (LCS-6) of KRAS mRNA may be a response biomarker to neoadjuvant therapy, according to an article published online in the journal Annals of Oncology.
The study included 164 patients with colorectal cancer, 155 (94.5%) of which were analyzed successfully. Of the 155 patients, 123 (79.4%) had the LCS-6 TT genotype and 32 (20.6%) had the LCS-6 TG genotype.
Patients who were carriers of the G allele had a significantly greater rate of complete response after being administered neoadjuvant therapy (28.1% vs. 10.6%; P=0.020) and a trend for better rates of 5-year progression-free survival (PFS; 77.4% vs. 64.5%; HR 0.56; P=0.152) and overall survival (OS; 80.3% vs. 71.9%: HR 0.59; P=0.234).
Results showed the complete response and survival outcomes were found to be independent of the use of cetuximab, which led to the conclusion that rs61764370 does not appear to predict benefit.
Furthermore, it was observed that patients with the LCS-6 TT genotype appeared to have a stronger correlation to the negative prognostic effects associated with the KRAS mutation (HR PFS 1.70, P=0.078; HR OS 1.79, P=0.082) compared to patients with the LCS-6 TG genotype (HR PFS 1.33, P=0.713; HR OS 1.01, P=0.995).
Single nucleotide polymorphism in the let-7 complementary site 6 of KRAS mRNA may be a response biomarker in colorectal cancer.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma