Generic Name and Formulations:
Carmustine 7.7mg, polifeprosan 20; per wafer.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for GLIADEL:
Newly-diagnosed high-grade malignant glioma as an adjunct to surgery and radiation. Recurrent glioblastoma multiforme as an adjunct to surgery.
See literature. Place 8 wafers (61.6mg) in the resection cavity if the size and shape of it allows; max 8 wafers per surgical procedure.
Avoid communication between surgical resection cavity and ventricular system to prevent wafer from migrating and causing obstructive hydrocephalus. If communication larger than diameter of wafer exists, it should be closed prior to wafer implantation. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Abdominal pain, back pain, chest pain, intracranial hypertension, abnormal healing, brain edema, meningitis or abscess; intracerebral mass effect.
Single-dose treatment box (8 wafers)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Increased Body Mass Index May Be Predictive of Recurrence, Progression in Bladder Cancer
- Aspirin, Non-Aspirin NSAID-Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Ovarian Cancer
- Research Indicates Imatinib Is Effective in Pediatric Patients With Chronic Phase CML
- Ribociclib FDA-Approved For Additional Indications in HR+, HER2- Advanced Breast Cancer
- Research Advances for Mutant KRAS-Driven Lung Adenocarcinoma