Generic Name and Formulations:
Carmustine 7.7mg, polifeprosan 20; per wafer.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for GLIADEL:
Newly-diagnosed high-grade malignant glioma as an adjunct to surgery and radiation. Recurrent glioblastoma multiforme as an adjunct to surgery.
See literature. Place 8 wafers (61.6mg) in the resection cavity if the size and shape of it allows; max 8 wafers per surgical procedure.
Avoid communication between surgical resection cavity and ventricular system to prevent wafer from migrating and causing obstructive hydrocephalus. If communication larger than diameter of wafer exists, it should be closed prior to wafer implantation. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Abdominal pain, back pain, chest pain, intracranial hypertension, abnormal healing, brain edema, meningitis or abscess; intracerebral mass effect.
Single-dose treatment box (8 wafers)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Pancreatitis and the Risk of Cancer
- RAMIE May Improve Post-operative Outcomes Among Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy With Cytoreductive Surgery Prolongs OS in Gastric Cancer
- Renal Cell Carcinoma: Cost of Treatment May Negate Impact of Treatment Advances
- Pembrolizumab May Be Effective for Previously Treated Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- CTC Screening May Be Effective Method for Preventing Colorectal Cancer
- Physical Activity Intervention May Improve Functional Well-being Among CRC Survivors
- Atezolizumab With Cobimetinib Yields Partial Response in Small Number of Patients With CRC
- Nivolumab May Improve Long-term Complete Response Rate in Subset of Patients With mCRC
- Alcohol Consumption and Cancer