Patients one year or older are now eligible to receive the drug.
Patients in the venetoclax arm had a grade 3 or 4 tumor lysis syndrome rate of 3.1%.
This marks the fifth FDA-approved indication for brentuximab vedotin and the first approval for front-line stage III or IV CHL in more than 4 decades.
To help curb drug prices, a consortium of hospital groups recently announced plans to form their own nonprofit drug company.
Patients who undergo this cosmetic procedure should be counseled on the increased risk of BIA ALCL.
Recently published findings suggest that patients with CML, particularly men, have a 30% higher risk of developing secondary cancers; however the cause of this increased risk is unclear.
A subset of patients with chronic-phase CML in the ENESTfreedom study maintained treatment-free remission for at least 96 weeks after being treatment with frontline nilotinib.
A recent study sought to determine the effect of ivermectin against CML cells, whether ivermectin can sensitize cells to BCR-ABL TKIs, and its mechanism of action.
Preparing patients for treatment toxicity is important for ensuring that mild or moderate reactions do not undermine adherence.
Researchers evaluated whether pacritinib would improve SVR and TSS compared with the best available therapy, including ruxolitinib.
The most frequently observed adverse events among patients treated with sorafenib were cytopenias and skin rashes.
Previous studies demonstrated that inotuzumab ozogamicin significantly improves clinical outcomes vs standard of care chemotherapy, but impact on QoL was unknown.
Patient outcomes following the diagnosis of multiple myeloma have improved markedly over recent years, but racial and ethnic disparities exist.
Previous studies have shown that dasatinib may be an effective therapeutic alternative to imatinib.
To date, studies of clofarabine in patients with lymphoma have been limited by small patient numbers and myelosuppression toxicities.
No PFS or OS events were reported for treatment-naive elderly patients.
The #MeToo movement has inspired many women to relate stories of harassment, and medicine is no exception.
A variety of cognitive impairments are common in the elderly US population, with as many as 14% of individuals over 70 being affected by dementia.
Notably, peripheral neuropathy — a common AE with proteasome inhibitors — had a low occurrence rate.
Approaching leukemia today as only a "liquid" cancer in all cases is to overlook knowledge long available about its tumor phenotype.
In this prospective study, researchers sought to compare the effectiveness of IV methylprednisolone vs oral prednisone in hospitalized patients with newly diagnosed ITP.
Still unresolved is whether to screen the general population for MGUS, a largely asymptomatic condition usually noted during routine blood testing.
Umbralisib has shown improved isoform selectivity over currently used PI3Kδ inhibitors.
Most non-Hodgkin lymphomas do not display the same genetic alteration as classical Hodgkin lymphoma, and are much less susceptible to PD-1 blockade.
1. Phase 2, open-label study results suggest that treatment-free remission (TFR) of chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) for ≥48 weeks can be reached by over half of patients who have reached deep molecular response (DMR) after ceasing second-line nilotinib treatment. 2. The authors suggest that for patients who do not reach sustained DMR with imatinib, changing 
Patients received imatinib 300 mg/m2, 400 mg/m2, and 500 mg/m2 for chronic phase, accelerated phase, and blast phase disease, respectively.
1. Patients with a higher disease burden of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) treated with CD19-specific chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy experienced greater incidences of cytotoxic release syndrome and neurotoxicity compared to low disease burden patients. 2. Patients with high disease burden had shorter overall survival times compared to low disease burden patients. Evidence 
The novelty of immunotherapies means that physicians and patients lack extensive experience dealing with them.
The impact of cancer-specific stress on psychological and physical functioning among patients with CLL was not previously well-understood.
A recent study is the first to demonstrate the cumulative effect of a large number of lifestyle behaviors.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma