Statistical cure from intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC) by hepatic resection was approximately 10%, varied by several tumor-specific factors.
Patients demonstrated reduced incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) while receiving tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF).
A significant relationship has been found between coffee consumption and a reduced risk of developing hepatocellular carcinoma.
Second-line treatment with ramucirumab did not significantly improve survival over placebo in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma.
Patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) who have advanced on sorafenib have poor prognosis and few additional treatment options.
Onset of sorafenib-associated hand-foot skin reactions can be delayed by urea-based cream plus best supportive care in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma.
Surgical resection provides better survival compared to transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) is an important growth factor in hepatocellular cancer (HCC).
Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) VNTR and eNOS -786 could determine outcomes in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma treated with sorafenib,
Baseline α-fetoprotein (AFP) levels may be a predictive marker for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma receiving ramucirumab.
Addition of erlotinib to sorafenib does not improve survival in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma.
By analyzing data from international databases, researchers develop an alternative to the Child-Pugh system.
Safety and efficacy of sorafenib, the standard of care for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma, in older patients, evaluated.
Linifanib and sorafenib had similar overall survival for the treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
Duration of stability linked with overall survival in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma treated with the tyrosine kinase inhibitor sorafenib.
Reduction in summary relative risk of hepatocellular carcinoma with increased vegetable, but not fruit, intake.
Researchers continue to search for a molecular pathway or biomarker to improve treatment options for patients with sorafenib-refractory HCC.
CASI Pharmaceuticals announced that the FDA has granted Orphan Drug designation to ENMD-2076 for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma.
Researchers found no survival difference found between patients receiving everolimus or placebo.
The benefits of hepatocellular carcinoma screening are unclear in patients with chronic liver disease.
A new study in Western Europeans shows that vitamin D lowers the risk of developing hepatocellular carcinoma.
Researchers have found that antiviral therapy may be successful in preventing hepatitis B virus from developing into the most common form of liver cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma.
Measurement of α-fetoprotein detects hepatocellular carcinoma most accurately in patients without hepatitis C virus infection.
Celsion announced updated results from its HEAT Study post-hoc analysis which examined the use of ThermoDox, a heat-activated liposomal encapsulation of doxorubicin, in combination with radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
The FDA has approved Guerbet's Lipiodol (ethiozed oil) injection for imaging of hepatocellular carcinoma tumors
Increased coffee consumption may reduce hepatocellular carcinoma risk across ethnicities, according to a study presented at the AACR Annual Meeting.
LY2157299 monohydrate showed promising efficacy results in patients with advanced HCC tumors overexpressing AFP.
Data indicate that everolimus did not improve overall survival in patients with advanced HCC following sorafenib failure.
Sorafenib can be an effective treatment for a variety of cancers, but its use can come with significant GI side effects.
Anti-CLTA4 Immunotherapy Achieves Antitumor Effects in Small Study of Hepatitis C-Related Hepatocellular CarcinomaJuly 30, 2013
Immunotherapy targeting the CLTA4 protein in HCV-related HCC demonstrated modest extended survival in a disease that has a high mortality rate.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Severity of Oxaliplatin-induced Neuropathy in Cycle One Predicts Severity, Development of Neurotoxicity
- FDA Grants Breakthrough Therapy Designation to Cabozantinib for Renal Cell Carcinoma
- In Fit Patients With NSCLC, Erlotinib Not Recommended
- New Hormonal Agents for Prostate Cancer May Increase Risk of Cardiotoxicity
- Dasatinib-induced Pulmonary Hypertension in Patients With Leukemia
- Molecular Profiles Can be Used for Early Detection for Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Regimens
- Combining Aromatase Inhibitors, Bisphosphonates May Benefit Women With Breast Cancer
- Biomarkers in Hematological Malignancies: A Review of Molecular Testing in Hematopathology
- A Decade of Dramatic Change in the Treatment of Prostate Cancer
- Immunotherapy Combinations for Renal Cell Carcinoma Offer Promise, Challenges
- Association of 21-Gene Recurrence Score Assay, Chemo in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- In Heavily Pretreated Refractory Myeloma, Daratumumab May Be Safe, Effective
- In Locoregionally Advanced Oral Cavity Cancer, Preop Induction Chemo May Not Improve Outcomes
- Patients With Solid Tumors Face Risk for Critical Illness
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|