Generic Name and Formulations:
Altretamine 50mg; caps.
Indications for HEXALEN:
Palliative treatment of persistent or recurrent ovarian cancer following first-line therapy with a cisplatin and/or alkylating agent-based combination.
260mg/m2 daily in four divided doses (after meals and at bedtime), for either 14 or 21 consecutive days in a 28-day cycle. Discontinue for >14 days if GI intolerance is unresponsive to treatment, WBC count <2000/mm3 or granulocyte count <1000/mm3, platelet count <75000/mm3, or progressive neurotoxicity occurs. Restart at 200mg/m2 daily. Discontinue indefinitely if neurologic symptoms fail to stabilize.
Severe myelosuppression or neurologic toxicity, except cisplatin-related neuropathy.
Monitor for myelosuppression (do monthly CBCs) and neurotoxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid pyridoxine. Severe orthostatic hypotension with MAOIs.
Nausea, vomiting, peripheral neuropathy, CNS symptoms (eg, mood disorders, ataxia, dizziness), myelosuppression, renal dysfunction, increased alkaline phosphatase.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Pancreatitis and the Risk of Cancer
- RAMIE May Improve Post-operative Outcomes Among Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy With Cytoreductive Surgery Prolongs OS in Gastric Cancer
- Renal Cell Carcinoma: Cost of Treatment May Negate Impact of Treatment Advances
- Pembrolizumab May Be Effective for Previously Treated Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- CTC Screening May Be Effective Method for Preventing Colorectal Cancer
- Physical Activity Intervention May Improve Functional Well-being Among CRC Survivors
- Atezolizumab With Cobimetinib Yields Partial Response in Small Number of Patients With CRC
- Nivolumab May Improve Long-term Complete Response Rate in Subset of Patients With mCRC
- Alcohol Consumption and Cancer