Generic Name and Formulations:
Altretamine 50mg; caps.
Indications for HEXALEN:
Palliative treatment of persistent or recurrent ovarian cancer following first-line therapy with a cisplatin and/or alkylating agent-based combination.
260mg/m2 daily in four divided doses (after meals and at bedtime), for either 14 or 21 consecutive days in a 28-day cycle. Discontinue for >14 days if GI intolerance is unresponsive to treatment, WBC count <2000/mm3 or granulocyte count <1000/mm3, platelet count <75000/mm3, or progressive neurotoxicity occurs. Restart at 200mg/m2 daily. Discontinue indefinitely if neurologic symptoms fail to stabilize.
Severe myelosuppression or neurologic toxicity, except cisplatin-related neuropathy.
Monitor for myelosuppression (do monthly CBCs) and neurotoxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid pyridoxine. Severe orthostatic hypotension with MAOIs.
Nausea, vomiting, peripheral neuropathy, CNS symptoms (eg, mood disorders, ataxia, dizziness), myelosuppression, renal dysfunction, increased alkaline phosphatase.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Vegan Diet and Cancer
- As HPV-Related Cancer Rates Climb, Experts Scrutinize Barriers to HPV Vaccination
- Ponatinib Tops Bosutinib for Third-Line Treatment of CML in a Comparative Analysis
- Are Next-Gen Antibody-Drug Conjugates a Path Forward for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and Myeloma?
- Duvelisib Delayed Progression in CLL/SLL: Study
- FDA-Approved Breast Cancer Drug Treatments
- A Trained Dog Smells Early-Stage Lung Cancer With a High Degree of Accuracy
- FDA-Approved Prostate Cancer Drug Treatments
- FDA-Approved Colorectal Cancer Drug Treatments
- Synthetic or Plant-Based Cannabis for Symptom Relief in Patients With Cancer: Do We Have Any Evidence?
- Immune-Related Adverse Events Due to Checkpoint Inhibition Are More Common in Melanoma Than in NSCLC
- Potential Diagnostic Tool Detects BCR-ABL1 mRNA in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- BTK Inhibitor Zanubrutinib Appears Promising in Waldenström Macroglobulinemia
- Carfilzomib Regimens Offer a Neuropathy-Sparing Approach in Multiple Myeloma, WM
- Apalutamide Does Not Diminish Quality of Life in Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer