An Elevated Value of Troponin I, Troponin T, CK-MB, and/or Myoglobin
Troponin I or T is now widely used over other markers for acute MI in the absence of other markers.
Any elevation can indicate myocyte damage; interpret results with defined institutional cutoffs for myocardial infarction.
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Appropriate follow-up testing with troponin level.
Test as appropriate to rule out causes of increased troponin not caused by cardiac ischemia.
If ECG is abnormal in the presence of positive markers, this is strongly indicative for AMI.
If ECG is normal or shows a pattern not indicative for AMI with a suggestive clinical picture for MI, do serial testing for troponin pressure sensation within the chest with appropriate radiation of pain, which is suggestive of AMI.
Rule out other potential causes of an elevated troponin.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Long-term Survival From Ipilimumab/Nivolumab Combination in Metastatic Melanoma
- Questions Remain for First-line Treatment Selection and Sequencing in Advanced Melanoma
- Repeat T790M Testing Recommended for TKI-resistant Patients With NSCLC
- Ginkgo Biloba and Cancer
- Initial Therapy at Academic Centers Linked to Prolonged Overall Survival in NSCLC
- Curative-intent Surgery for Cancer Increases Risk of New Persistent Opioid-use
- HIV-associated Head and Neck Cancers Have Unique Molecular Characteristics
- Pembrolizumab Significantly Prolongs OS Compared With Chemotherapy in NSCLC
- Cost, Insurance Status May Affect Patient Adherence to TKI Therapy for CML
- Affordable Care Act Linked to Lower Rates of Cancer Diagnosis Among Uninsured