Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests for hepatitis (serologic or DNA-based) may be important if hepatitis is suspected as a cause for the bilirubinuria.
Alkaline phosphatase or 5´-nucleotidase is useful as a marker of biliary obstruction, especially when the value for either parameter is significantly more abnormal than the ALT or AST.
Serum albumin level and PT may be useful to assess protein synthesis by the liver in the pt with cirrhosis.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Considerations for Relapsed Myeloma Should Match Patient, Disease, and Therapy
- Triclosan and Cancer Risk: Is There a Link?
- Drugs Approved Under the Breakthrough Therapy Pathway Lack Basic Features of High-Quality Trials
- Combined Modality Therapy May Be More Effective Than Radiotherapy Alone in Follicular Lymphoma
- Chemotherapy May Improve Survival Outcomes in High-Risk Soft-Tissue Sarcoma