Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Anion gap is commonly measured in patients with DKA.
Management of DKA involves serial measurements of electrolytes, glucose, and blood gases in the acute setting to follow clinical progress.
History of diabetes in a patient who presents with ketonuria and appropriate signs and symptoms is a strong indicator of DKA.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Bladder Cancer, UTUC More Common in Kidney Transplant Recipients
- Prostate Cancer Recurrence Risk Lower With Anterior Tumors
- Active Surveillance May Be Safe for Selected Men With Gleason 3+4 Prostate Cancer
- Pembrolizumab and Chemotherapy Combination Significantly Improves PFS in NSCLC
- Relative Survival for AYAs Comparable to General Population After 7 Years