Generic Name and Formulations:
Olaratumab 500mg/50mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Lilly, Eli and Company
- Patient Burden Related to Off-Label Prescribing in Sarcoma
- Aldoxorubicin Prolongs Progression-free Survival Among Patients With Sarcoma
- Tivozanib Shows Antitumor Activity in Metastatic Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Indications for LARTRUVO:
In combination with doxorubicin, for the treatment of adults with soft tissue sarcoma with a histologic subtype for which an anthracycline-containing regimen is appropriate and which is not amenable to curative treatment with radiotherapy or surgery.
Premedicate with IV diphenhydramine and IV dexamethasone prior to infusion on Day 1 of cycle 1. Give with doxorubicin for the first 8 cycles: refer to doxorubicin PI for dosing and modifications. Give by IV infusion over 60mins. 15mg/kg on Days 1 and 8 of each 21-day cycle until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Have resuscitative equipment available. Monitor for signs/symptoms of infusion-related reactions during and post-infusion. Permanently discontinue for Grade 3/4 infusion-related reactions; interrupt for Grade 1/2 infusion-related reactions; resume at 50% of initial rate after resolution. If neutropenic fever/infection or Grade 4 neutropenia lasts >1 week, discontinue until ANC ≥1,000μL then permanently reduce dose to 12mg/kg. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during and for 3 months after last dose. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 3 months after last dose).
With doxorubicin: nausea, fatigue, musculoskeletal pain, mucositis, alopecia, vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite, abdominal pain, neuropathy, headache, anxiety, dry eyes, lymphopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, hyperglycemia, elevated aPTT, hypokalemia, hypophosphatemia, increased alkaline phosphatase.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Vegan Diet and Cancer
- As HPV-Related Cancer Rates Climb, Experts Scrutinize Barriers to HPV Vaccination
- Ponatinib Tops Bosutinib for Third-Line Treatment of CML in a Comparative Analysis
- Are Next-Gen Antibody-Drug Conjugates a Path Forward for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and Myeloma?
- Duvelisib Delayed Progression in CLL/SLL: Study
- FDA-Approved Breast Cancer Drug Treatments
- A Trained Dog Smells Early-Stage Lung Cancer With a High Degree of Accuracy
- FDA-Approved Prostate Cancer Drug Treatments
- FDA-Approved Colorectal Cancer Drug Treatments
- Synthetic or Plant-Based Cannabis for Symptom Relief in Patients With Cancer: Do We Have Any Evidence?
- Immune-Related Adverse Events Due to Checkpoint Inhibition Are More Common in Melanoma Than in NSCLC
- Potential Diagnostic Tool Detects BCR-ABL1 mRNA in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- BTK Inhibitor Zanubrutinib Appears Promising in Waldenström Macroglobulinemia
- Carfilzomib Regimens Offer a Neuropathy-Sparing Approach in Multiple Myeloma, WM
- Apalutamide Does Not Diminish Quality of Life in Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer