Researchers were able to increase sensitivity to vemurafinib in resistant melanoma cell lines by reactivating genes that are involved in cell division.
Patients who slept poorly exhibited greater symptom burden and overall mood disturbance.
If these findings are confirmed, 1 logical policy initiative would be to limit rotating night shifts to less than 20 years in total.
The federal government is investigating some drugmakers' relationships with the charities that run assistance programs.
Increase in ABCB1 mRNA expression may serve as a marker for patients likely to be resistant to imatinib.
In the not-too-distant future, several new combination therapies are expected, and they should represent an improvement not only in effectiveness, but in safety as well.
Widespread contamination of the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, and Ovary (PLCO) Cancer Screening Trial has reignited the debate around prostate-specific antigen testing.
Dr Isabel Cunningham reviews and highlights important, recently published articles with recommendations for treating elderly patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
Results of a prospective study consisting of more than 105,000 women have shown "it is unlikely that stress is implicated in causation of breast cancer."
Addressable doesn't mean optional: Having an implementation plan can be helpful in case of an audit.
A pooled analysis of 3 combination drug regimens used to treat refractory/relapsed multiple myeloma reaffirms their safety, but does little to distinguish which approach works best.
Identifying and preventing drug-related toxicities with new combination therapies are paramount for both outcomes and quality of life issues.
Quantifications of quality of life or patient-reported outcomes will offer more information for treatment-planning discussions.
Sexual function scores do not appear to differ between the 2 groups at 6 weeks or 12 weeks post-surgery, and no significant differences were found for bowel quality of life or pathological outcomes.
Humans can tolerate tumors in large or paired organs more easily than in small, critical organs, and the larger organs may therefore have evolved fewer mechanisms to defend against cancerous cells.
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- PAP Series: Patient Assistance Programs "Culprits" of Rising Drug Prices
- A Call for a New Collaboration to Cure Melanoma
- Sleep Cycle May Be a Causal Factor of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Scan-associated Distress May Be Persistent for Patients With NSCLC
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Correlated With Risk of Cancer
- TRUS-biopsy Poorly Detects Prostate Cancer
- Model Predicts That Healthful Lifestyle Benefits Women at Risk of Breast Cancer
- Cobimetinib Plus Atezolizumab Active in Colorectal Cancer
- Serum Carbonic Anhydrase IV Predictive of Bevacizumab Efficacy in Breast Cancer
- Extending Hormone Therapy to 10 Years May Reduce Breast Cancer Recurrence Without Negatively Affecting QoL
- Pacritinib Improves Spleen Volume Recovery in Advanced Myelofibrosis
- Alternative Metrics of Response Correlate With OS in FIRE-3 Trial
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy Recommended for Patients With Sarcoma
- HSD3B1 Allele Inheritance Linked With ADT Resistance
- New Mechanism of Treatment Resistance in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma Identified