The guidelines for the treatment of patients with lung cancer are based on a number of factors including disease type and patient considerations. The cancer treatment guidelines below offer a concise description of National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines for mesothelioma, non-small cell lung cancer, and small cell lung cancer.
The lung cancer treatment regimens include chemotherapy regimens for neoadjuvant and adjuvant therapy, sequential chemotherapy/radiotherapy, concurrent chemotherapy/radiotherapy followed by chemotherapy, and systemic therapy for advanced disease. The regimens also outline principles of maintenance therapy and subsequent therapy.
The mesothelioma treatment regimens include guidelines for first-line and second-line chemotherapies such as pemetrexed + carboplatin, gemcitabine + cisplatin, vinorelbine, pemetrexed + cisplatin + bevacizumab, and gemcitabine.
The lung cancer treatment regimens below may include both U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved and unapproved indications/regimens. The NCCN recommends cancer patient participation in clinical trials as the gold standard for treatment. These regimens are only provided to supplement the latest treatment strategies.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Are Next-Gen Antibody-Drug Conjugates a Path Forward for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and Myeloma?
- Using ctDNA to Predict Cancer Recurrence and Guide Therapy Selection
- Ponatinib Tops Bosutinib for Third-Line Treatment of CML in a Comparative Analysis
- Apalutamide Does Not Diminish Quality of Life in Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Plastics and Cancer
- FDA-Approved Breast Cancer Drug Treatments
- A Trained Dog Smells Early-Stage Lung Cancer With a High Degree of Accuracy
- FDA-Approved Colorectal Cancer Drug Treatments
- Synthetic or Plant-Based Cannabis for Symptom Relief in Patients With Cancer: Do We Have Any Evidence?
- Emetogenic Potential of Antineoplastic Agents
- 20-Year Data Link High-Dose Chemotherapy and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant to Survival Benefit in High-Risk Early Breast Cancer
- Cabozantinib Shows Promising Activity in Osteosarcoma and Ewing Sarcoma
- Reducing Trastuzumab Duration Lowers Costs by Nearly £10,000 in HER2-positive Breast Cancer
- Resistance Mechanisms Identified for NSCLC Progression With First-Line Osimertinib
- Atezolizumab and Nab-Paclitaxel Prolonged PFS in Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer