Generic Name and Formulations:
Mitotane 500mg; scored tabs.
Indications for LYSODREN:
Inoperable adrenal cortical carcinoma.
2–6g/day in divided doses (3–4 times/day). Doses may be increased incrementally to achieve a blood concentration of 14–20mg/L, or as tolerated. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Discontinue temporarily following shock or severe trauma. CNS toxicity (esp. with high doses). Adrenal insufficiency: give steroid replacement as clinically indicated; measure free cortisol and ACTH levels. Ovarian macrocysts in premenopausal women. Hepatic impairment. Pregnancy; avoid. Use effective contraception during and after discontinuation until mitotane levels are undetectable. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant oral anticoagulants, CYP3A4 substrates; monitor for change in dose requirements.
Adrenal cytotoxic agent.
Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, depression, dizziness, vertigo, rash, neutropenia, growth retardation, hypothyroidism, confusion, headache, ataxia, mental impairment, weakness, dysarthria, maculopathy, hepatitis, elevated liver enzymes, gynecomastia, hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Pancreatitis and the Risk of Cancer
- RAMIE May Improve Post-operative Outcomes Among Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy With Cytoreductive Surgery Prolongs OS in Gastric Cancer
- Renal Cell Carcinoma: Cost of Treatment May Negate Impact of Treatment Advances
- Pembrolizumab May Be Effective for Previously Treated Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- CTC Screening May Be Effective Method for Preventing Colorectal Cancer
- Physical Activity Intervention May Improve Functional Well-being Among CRC Survivors
- Atezolizumab With Cobimetinib Yields Partial Response in Small Number of Patients With CRC
- Nivolumab May Improve Long-term Complete Response Rate in Subset of Patients With mCRC
- Alcohol Consumption and Cancer