For patients with breast cancer, use of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist, goserelin, protects against ovarian failure.
SGX942 is being evaluated as a treatment for oral mucositis in patients receiving chemoradiotherapy for head and neck cancer.
Treatment with amonafide L-malate in combination with cytarabine did not improve response rate in secondary acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
Use of localized correlated spectroscopy (COSY) shows significant changes in women with BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations.
The FDA has approved Opdivo (nivolumab) for the treatment of patients with advanced (metastatic) squamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Postoperative irinotecan should not be added to a fluorouracil plus leucovorin adjuvant regimen for treatment of resected stage II-III rectal cancer.
Overall survival with combination lenalidomide, docetaxel, and prednisone was worse in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
Benign thyroid nodules are common, and research suggests they don't need to be monitored as closely as current guidelines recommend.
A novel risk score may be able to identify patients who are at risk for developing melanoma.
Ipilimumab plus dacarbazine provide a durable survival benefit at 5 years in patients treated for advanced melanoma.
Patients prefer physicians who convey a more optimistic message, and perceive in them a higher level of compassion.
Maintenance sunitinib after chemotherapy is safe and improves progression-free survival in extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer (SCLC).
Modified fluorouracil, leucovorin, irinotecan, and oxaliplatin (mFOLFIRINOX) with aggressive surgery demonstrates high resection rates in pancreatic cancer.
For patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC), the L858R mutation in circulating free DNA seems to be a prognostic marker.
Outcome of patients with mantle cell lymphoma who experience disease progression following ibrutinib therapy is poor.
For postmenopausal women, oral bisphosphonate use is associated with a reduction in the risk of endometrial cancer.
An increase in genetic mutations that could trigger leukemia seems to be an inevitable part of aging.
Neoadjuvant cetuximab with platinum salt and fluorouracil shows good response in elderly unresectable locally advanced non-melanoma skin cancer.
Adding cyclophosphamide to docetaxel and prednisone for treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) does not seem to provide any additional benefit.
Body mass index (BMI) predicts survival and overall response rates in patients with metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Body Mass Index Predicts Survival in Metastatic Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma
- 4Kscore Might Reduce Unnecessary Prostate Biopsies
- Renal Cell Cancer: Keynote Lecture From GU Symposium 2015
- Disease Progression of Mantle Cell Lymphoma After Ibrutinib Associated with Poor Outcome
- Short-Term ADT Does Not Improve Radiotherapy-Associated Survival in Prostate Cancer
- Anticoagulants and Gastrointestinal Cancer Detection
- In Breast Cancer, Goserelin Protects Against Ovarian Failure
- Soligenix to Enroll Additional Subjects in SGX942 Trial for Oral Mucositis
- Cytarabine Plus Amonafide L-Malate Shows Similar Efficacy in Leukemia to Daunorubicin
- Correlated Spectroscopy Can Identify Changes in BRCA Carriers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|