Everolimus is a promising treatment option for pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (pNETs), even though dose reductions are required for most patients.
NANETS: Intraoperative 5-FU May Reduce Need for Additional Surgeries in Midgut Neuroendocrine Tumors
Intraoperatively-placed 5-fluouracil (5-FU) chemotherapy at lymph node surgical dissection beds may lower the chance of necessary surgery.
Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (pNETs) harbor genetic mutations in DNA repair pathways that represent "strong candidates".
Axitinib could be an effective treatment option for unresectable and metastatic carcinoid tumors.
Diarrhea is associated with worse health-related quality of life in patients with neuroendocrine tumor (NET) symptoms.
Epigenetic signatures may help detect and differentiate small intestinal neuroendocrine tumors (SINETs) from other tumor types.
Higher pancreastatin associated with worse survival times in surgically treated small bowel (SBNET) and pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (PNETs).
NANETS: Radical Resection of Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors with Liver Mets Often Prolongs Survival
Poorly differentiated pancreatic neuroendocrine carcinoma (PNEC) grade 3 tumors demonstrate lower survival after radical resection of PNETs.
NANETS: Lymph Node Ratio Predicts Survival in Patients with Gastrointestinal (GI) Carcinoid Neuroendocrine Tumors
Lymph node ratio (LNR) may offer better survival prediction over the current measure for patients with carcinoid neuroendocrine tumors.
Octreotide has demonstrated promising results vs. a subset of carcinoid tumors, despite a lower overall response rate.
A 3-marker immunohistochemistry panel helps determine the primary site of malignancy in metastatic neuroendocrine tumors.
Tumor-specific mutations are common in high-grade neuroendocrine tumors.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Long-term Survival From Ipilimumab/Nivolumab Combination in Metastatic Melanoma
- Radiation Therapy Increases 5-year Rate of Cardiac Events in Small-cell Lung Cancer
- Questions Remain for First-line Treatment Selection and Sequencing in Advanced Melanoma
- Pazopanib: Where Does It Stand as Adjuvant Therapy in Localized RCC?
- Repeat T790M Testing Recommended for TKI-resistant Patients With NSCLC
- Lung Cancer Treatment in North America: Recent Advances and Future Promises
- Atezolizumab Maintains Clinical Benefit After 2 Years in Advanced NSCLC
- Luminespib May Be Effective in NSCLC With EGFR Exon 20 Insertion Mutation
- Pembrolizumab After Locally Ablative Therapy May Be Beneficial in Metastatic NSCLC
- Liquid Biopsies Detect Unknown Driver Mutations in Advanced NSCLC