Everolimus is a promising treatment option for pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (pNETs), even though dose reductions are required for most patients.
NANETS: Intraoperative 5-FU May Reduce Need for Additional Surgeries in Midgut Neuroendocrine Tumors
Intraoperatively-placed 5-fluouracil (5-FU) chemotherapy at lymph node surgical dissection beds may lower the chance of necessary surgery.
Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (pNETs) harbor genetic mutations in DNA repair pathways that represent "strong candidates".
Axitinib could be an effective treatment option for unresectable and metastatic carcinoid tumors.
Diarrhea is associated with worse health-related quality of life in patients with neuroendocrine tumor (NET) symptoms.
Epigenetic signatures may help detect and differentiate small intestinal neuroendocrine tumors (SINETs) from other tumor types.
Higher pancreastatin associated with worse survival times in surgically treated small bowel (SBNET) and pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (PNETs).
NANETS: Radical Resection of Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors with Liver Mets Often Prolongs Survival
Poorly differentiated pancreatic neuroendocrine carcinoma (PNEC) grade 3 tumors demonstrate lower survival after radical resection of PNETs.
NANETS: Lymph Node Ratio Predicts Survival in Patients with Gastrointestinal (GI) Carcinoid Neuroendocrine Tumors
Lymph node ratio (LNR) may offer better survival prediction over the current measure for patients with carcinoid neuroendocrine tumors.
Octreotide has demonstrated promising results vs. a subset of carcinoid tumors, despite a lower overall response rate.
A 3-marker immunohistochemistry panel helps determine the primary site of malignancy in metastatic neuroendocrine tumors.
Tumor-specific mutations are common in high-grade neuroendocrine tumors.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Pembrolizumab and Chemotherapy Combination Significantly Improves PFS in NSCLC
- Daratumumab and Elotuzumab: Potential mAb Therapies for Multiple Myeloma
- Sex Hormone Levels Significantly Affect Treatment-Free Survival in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Pediatric CML: Life-Long Considerations With TKI Therapy
- Reducing Dose Intensity May Be Associated with Shortened PFS in Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia
- Nelarabine May Improve Disease-Free Survival in Pediatric and Young Adult T-cell ALL
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Inadequate in United States Despite USPSTF Recommendations
- Can Oncolytic Viruses Improve Immunotherapies?
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Compared With Acupuncture for Insomnia in Cancer Survivors
- CYCORE System May Improve Radiotherapy-Associated Symptoms in Head and Neck Cancer