Generic Name and Formulations:
Irinotecan 43mg/10mL; liposomal dispersion for IV infusion after dilution.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ONIVYDE:
In combination with fluorouracil and leucovorin, for treatment of metastatic adenocarcincoma of the pancreas after disease progression following gemcitabine-based therapy.
Limitations Of use:
As a single agent, not for the treatment of metastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
Do not substitute for other irinotecan HCl-containing drugs. Give by IV infusion over 90 mins prior to fluorouracil and leucovorin. 70mg/m2 every 2 weeks. If homozygous UGT1A1*28 allele: initially 50mg/m2; may increase to 70mg/m2 as tolerated in subsequent cycles. If serum bilirubin >ULN: no dose recommended. Premedicate with corticosteroid and antiemetic 30 mins prior to infusion. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Severe neutropenia. Severe diarrhea.
Severe and life-threatening neutropenia, neutropenic sepsis, diarrhea can occur. Monitor CBCs on Days 1 and 8 of every cycle and more frequently if indicated; withhold if ANC <1500/mm3 or neutropenic fever occurs; reduce dose in subsequent cycles for Grade 3–4 neutropenia or neutropenic fever after recovery. Bowel obstruction: do not administer. Withhold for Grade 2–4 diarrhea; initiate loperamide if late onset or atropine IV/SC (unless contraindicated) if early onset; resume at reduced dose after recovery to Grade 1. Withhold if new or progressive dyspnea, cough, and fever occurs, pending evaluation; discontinue if interstitial lung disease confirmed. Permanently discontinue if severe hypersensitivity reaction occurs. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for 1 month after final dose; males should use condoms during and for 4 months after final dose. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during therapy and for 1 month after final dose).
Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, rifabutin, rifapentine, phenobarbital, St. John’s wort) if possible; substitute non-enzyme inducing therapies at least 2 weeks before initiating irinotecan. Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 (eg, clarithromycin, indinavir, itraconazole, lopinavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, telaprevir, voriconazole) or UGT1A1 inhibitors (eg, atazanavir, gemfibrozil, indinavir) if possible; discontinue CYP3A inhibitors at least 1 week before initiating irinotecan.
Diarrhea, fatigue/asthenia, vomiting, nausea, decreased appetite, stomatitis, pyrexia; neutropenic fever or sepsis, dehydration, septic shock, pneumonia, acute renal failure, thrombocytopenia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Are Next-Gen Antibody-Drug Conjugates a Path Forward for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and Myeloma?
- Using ctDNA to Predict Cancer Recurrence and Guide Therapy Selection
- Ponatinib Tops Bosutinib for Third-Line Treatment of CML in a Comparative Analysis
- Plastics and Cancer
- Apalutamide Does Not Diminish Quality of Life in Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- FDA-Approved Breast Cancer Drug Treatments
- A Trained Dog Smells Early-Stage Lung Cancer With a High Degree of Accuracy
- FDA-Approved Colorectal Cancer Drug Treatments
- Synthetic or Plant-Based Cannabis for Symptom Relief in Patients With Cancer: Do We Have Any Evidence?
- Emetogenic Potential of Antineoplastic Agents
- 20-Year Data Link High-Dose Chemotherapy and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant to Survival Benefit in High-Risk Early Breast Cancer
- Cabozantinib Shows Promising Activity in Osteosarcoma and Ewing Sarcoma
- Reducing Trastuzumab Duration Lowers Costs by Nearly £10,000 in HER2-positive Breast Cancer
- Resistance Mechanisms Identified for NSCLC Progression With First-Line Osimertinib
- Atezolizumab and Nab-Paclitaxel Prolonged PFS in Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer