Palliative Care News & Features
Clifford Pukel, MD, discusses from an immunological standpoint the mysterious phenomenon of spontaneous regression.
Availability of important services and adequacy of care are among the factors explaining low numbers of patients with hematologic cancers being referred for hospice care.
The American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline on the integration of palliative care into standard oncology care has been updated.
Despite the availability of palliative and supportive care at major cancer centers, patients may encounter barriers to accessing these services.
The early integration of palliative care shortly after diagnosis of some incurable cancers improves both a patient's coping abilities and overall quality of life.
The introduction of palliative care shortly after a patient is diagnosed with cancer is associated with improved quality of life.
Continuous deep sedation (CDS) should be considered a viable option for patients with advanced cancer being cared for in a palliative setting.
The median opioid rotation ratio (ORR) from the oral morphine equivalent daily dose (MEDD) to transdermal fentanyl in milligrams per day was 0.01.
Patients with advanced cancer and delirium at an acute palliative care unit (APCU) had a poorer survival rate.
Rates of inpatient palliative care consultation remain low and occur close to death irrespective of race/ethnicity.
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Ultrasonography May Detect Thyroid Cancer Growth Arrest, Negating Need for Treatment
- Do Additional Chromosomal Abnormalities Noted at CML Diagnosis Affect Response and Survival?
- Does Education Level Predict PSA Screening and Prostate Cancer Survival?
- Pembrolizumab May Benefit Selected Patients With Incurable Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Unrelated HSCT, UCBT May Yield Similar Survival Outcomes in Acute Leukemia
- Adjuvant Gefitinib Improves Disease-free Survival Among Patients With NSCLC
- Phase 1 Study of Binimetinib Plus Pexidartinib for GIST
- Phase 2 Study of Nivolumab vs Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab for GIST
- Pesticides and Cancer
- Goserelin Mitigates Risk of Ovarian Failure, Improves Breast Cancer Survival Rate