SGO 2017 Coverage
Hypermethylation of HRR-associated genes was not associated with improved survival in ovarian cancer.
Study data suggest that SLN mapping is more cost-effective and more efficacious than routine LND or selective LND.
Study results suggest that carefully selected elderly patients with recurrent or refractory gynecologic malignancy should be enrolled in phase 1 trials.
Patients with newly diagnosed ovarian cancer rank nausea as the most concerning side effect associated with chemotherapy.
Combined liquid-based Pap and CT-DNA may be a new method for tumor-derived driver mutation screening in primary ovarian carcinoma.
The results of this study show that implementation of strategies to reduce SSI can improve SSI rates, despite risk factors for infection.
Adjuvant platinum-based chemotherapy did not improve survival in women with low-grade serous ovarian cancer.
Data suggest that adjuvant chemotherapy without radiation may be an effective option for patients with stage IB to IIA cervical cancer with risk factors.
Data indicate that the addition of WPR to chemotherapy may provide a survival benefit, though prospective studies are needed to confirm these findings.
Study results suggest that aggressive molecular subtypes of endometrial cancer are more common among the African American population.
Gynecologic oncologists are at a particularly high risk for burnout compared with other specialties, suggesting a need for burnout prevention and wellness programs.
The Hospital Readmission Reduction Program may unfairly penalize hospitals if 30-day readmission rates are the only metric for care quality.
Patients with endometrial cancer who have isolated tumor cells identified by sentinel lymph node mapping should not routinely receive adjuvant chemotherapy.
BRCA1 and RAD51C methylation in ovarian carcinomas are associated with sensitivity to PARP inhibitors, such as rucaparib.
Sentinel lymph node biopsy was associated with fewer surgical complications, less lymphedema, and better quality of life.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Axillary Node Management for Breast Cancer: Is Less More?
- Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs May Improve Survival in Kidney Cancer
- Potentially Inappropriate Medications May Shorten Survival Among Elderly Patients With Lymphoma
- Carfilzomib, Lenalidomide, Dexamethasone Prolong Survival in Multiple Myeloma
- The Potential of Radium-223 in Modern Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Colorectal Cancer Screening: Utility of Septin-9 Assays
- Phase 2 Trial of SBRT and Gene Therapy Prior to Nivolumab for NSCLC
- Phase 2 Study of Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab for Gastric, Ovarian, and Breast Cancer
- Phase 1 Study of Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Gastric Cancer
- Priming Lung Cancer To Respond to Immunotherapy: Findings and Current Research