Side Effect Management
Researchers analyzed the outcomes of 7060 patients with SCLC from the SEER database to determine the rates of new CEs among patients treated with chemotherapy plus RT or chemotherapy alone.
During the pre-chemotherapy period, which lasted a median 48 days from diagnosis, the average cost per payment was $16,208, 41% of which was due to inpatient care.
Pain management continues to be a challenge for patients with pancreatic cancer, though CPN may provide significant pain relief and an opportunity to reduce the amount of required narcotics.
Researchers evaluated data from 14,715 men with PCa from the Taiwan National Health Insurance Research Database, of whom 24.3% underwent bilateral orchiectomies and 75.7% received GnRHa therapy.
Repeated active discussions with patients about distress, treatment options, and goals can both reduce costs and help to identify when aggressive treatment is no longer appropriate, according to hematologist/oncologist Stuart Goldberg, MD.
Researchers evaluated whether Tibetan yoga would improve fatigue and mitigate sleep disturbance more effectively than an active stretching program or a usual care control group.
As more experience with sirolimus has been gained, it began to be used "off-label" to prevent rejection in multiple transplant recipients and is now being studied in the treatment of GVHD.
About 60% of Americans are deficient in magnesium, including up to 60% of patients who are critically ill.
Caregivers were also more likely to have greater care-related burden when patients reported requiring help with fewer IADLs than did the caregiver.
Telotristat represents a new treatment option that may decrease diarrhea incidence with a relatively safe side effect profile.
Drug Info Database
More from Oncology Nurse Advisor
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Arrival of CAR-T Immunotherapy Raise Hopes for Treatment and Anxieties About Costs
- St John's Wort and Cancer
- Osimertinib Granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation as First-line Treatment for EGFR-positive NSCLC
- Radiation Therapy Increases 5-year Rate of Cardiac Events in Small-cell Lung Cancer
- FDA Grants Priority Review to Afatinib for Uncommon EGFR-positive NSCLC
- NSCLC: Researchers Identify Socioeconomic Factors Linked to Overall Survival
- Savolitinib Plus Gefitinib May Be Effective in EGFR-Mutant, MET-amplified NSCLC
- Maintenance Pazopanib Provides PFS, not OS, Benefit in Small-cell Lung Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Pemetrexed, Carboplatin Prolongs Survival in NSCLC
- Repeat T790M Testing Recommended for TKI-resistant Patients With NSCLC