Side Effect Management
The drug addiction strategy must be broadened to account for non-addicted cells, sensitive or resistant, that remain after therapy. Much as selection should favor the development of drug resistant tumor cell lineages, it should also favor lineages that are resistant to addiction.
The rate of confirmed seizures compared favorably with a retrospective study that noted a seizure rate of 2.8 per 100 patient-years among patients with mCRPC and risk factors for seizure who did not receive enzalutamide.
The results of this study support previous findings that psychological distress is associated with an increased risk of mortality among patients with lung cancer.
Researchers at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance used email and web screening to determine patient quality of life and psychological comorbidities after a sarcoma diagnosis.
Researchers injected Ewing sarcoma cells into mice to determine the effects of exercise on doxorubicin efficacy and treatment-related cardiotoxicity.
Researchers enrolled survivors of breast cancer, colorectal cancer, or melanoma to participate in ConquerFear or a control intervention, Taking-it-Easy, and to complete accompanying questionnaires.
Patients with underlying cardiovascular disease and/or baseline hypertension and coronary artery disease may be at a higher risk.
Previous studies show that eltrombopag treatment for 6 months or less effectively increases platelet counts and reduces bleeding among patients with chronic ITP.
The modern opioid epidemic is forcing health care providers and government agencies to reevaluate pain management, but there is a lack of data regarding the risk of opioid-misuse among vulnerable populations.
Researchers analyzed the outcomes of 7060 patients with SCLC from the SEER database to determine the rates of new CEs among patients treated with chemotherapy plus RT or chemotherapy alone.
Drug Info Database
More from Oncology Nurse Advisor
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Axillary Node Management for Breast Cancer: Is Less More?
- Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs May Improve Survival in Kidney Cancer
- Potentially Inappropriate Medications May Shorten Survival Among Elderly Patients With Lymphoma
- Carfilzomib, Lenalidomide, Dexamethasone Prolong Survival in Multiple Myeloma
- The Potential of Radium-223 in Modern Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Colorectal Cancer Screening: Utility of Septin-9 Assays
- Phase 2 Trial of SBRT and Gene Therapy Prior to Nivolumab for NSCLC
- Phase 2 Study of Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab for Gastric, Ovarian, and Breast Cancer
- Phase 1 Study of Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Gastric Cancer
- Priming Lung Cancer To Respond to Immunotherapy: Findings and Current Research