Among female patients with CML, fertility preservation with ovarian stimulation can be challenging if patients require continuation of TKIs until HSCT.
Some patients diagnosed with HP or AP have a significantly increased risk of developing pancreatic cancer.
Careful research is needed to ensure that immunotherapies activating T cells do not inadvertently fuel progression of T cell malignancies.
Treatment advances over recent years render much of the previously used evidence outdated.
Patients who indicated a decreased level of physical activity at 3 years after diagnosis had a worse overall and lymphoma-specific survival compared with those who did not report a change.
While colonoscopy is considered the gold standard screening method for CRC, it can be burdensome to patients; blood tests, while less burdensome, are not necessarily as sensitive.
Up to 20% of patients with prostate cancer treated with radiation therapy — external or internal via brachytherapy — will develop radiation colitis.
More evidence may be needed to understand the safety and efficacy of radium-223 in combination with abiraterone or enzalutamide.
PIMs may cause drug-drug interactions, which can lead to treatment-related toxicities and consequently affect outcomes.
People living in counties with strong smoke-free policies were 7.9% less likely to be diagnosed with lung cancer compared with those living in counties with no protection.
As breast cancer can be asymptomatic or have a series of different symptoms and physical exam findings, standard procedure is hard to define.
As post-transplant medications are used to reduce the body's immune reaction to a foreign organ, they may also reduce the body's ability to accurately survey for malignant cells.
Continued, deliberate exploration of the molecular pathways involved in different subsets of the disease is crucial to achieve clinical advances in the future.
Overexpressed CKAP4 was significantly associated with tumor, nodal, and metastasis stages, as well as Fuhrman grades.
Targeting tumor and extracellular LPA could help deny tumors their inflammatory habitat and improve the efficacy of radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and possibly immunotherapies.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Alcohol Consumption and Cancer
- Pancreatitis and the Risk of Cancer
- RAMIE May Improve Post-operative Outcomes Among Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy With Cytoreductive Surgery Prolongs OS in Gastric Cancer
- Renal Cell Carcinoma: Cost of Treatment May Negate Impact of Treatment Advances
- Nivolumab With Ipilimumab Promising for Pretreated Metastatic Sarcoma
- Obinutuzumab May Improve Immune-mediated Anti-CLL Activity
- Should Adjuvant Pertuzumab Be Used for Patients With HER2-positive Breast Cancer?
- CTC Screening May Be Effective Method for Preventing Colorectal Cancer
- Physical Activity Intervention May Improve Functional Well-being Among CRC Survivors