New studies in glioblastoma highlight how PD-1 inhibitors could simultaneously prompt an immune response and steer the selection of tumor clones that evade immune recognition.
At 23 years of follow-up, the cumulative incidence of death was higher among patients in the watchful waiting group compared with those in the radical prostatectomy group.
"People have shown that the variant-identification quality of WGS is superior to WES," said Dr Gerstein.
Researchers identified 15 genes that they said independently predict the survival outcome of patients with kidney renal papillary cell carcinoma.
Patient-reported outcomes, or PROs, are going to play a larger role in FDA cancer drug approvals, according to an expert in the field.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Investigational Antiandrogen Drug Delays Metastasis in CRPC
- Immunotherapy in Glioblastoma: Peaks and Pits
- Tivozanib Offers Superior Outcomes in Refractory Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- First-Line Pembrolizumab Shows Promise in Non-Clear Cell RCC
- Early Tumor Shrinkage With Cabozantinib Improves Survival in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Combo Superior to Sunitinib in Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nivolumab-Ipilimumab Survival Benefit in Advanced RCC Confirmed