Generic Name and Formulations:
Amphotericin B lipid complex 5mg/mL; susp for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ABELCET:
Invasive fungal infections in patients who are refractory to, or intolerant of, conventional amphotericin B therapy.
Adults and Children:
5mg/kg daily as a single IV infusion, at a rate of 2.5mg/kg per hour. Renal impairment: reduce dose.
Be fully familiar with the use of this product. Administer under close supervision; cardiopulmonary resuscitation facilities should be available. Monitor CBC, serum creatinine, liver function, serum electrolytes (esp. magnesium and potassium). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Monitor other drugs; see literature. Caution with antineoplastics, corticosteroids, ACTH, cyclosporine, digitalis glycosides, flucytosine, imidazoles, nephrotoxic drugs, skeletal muscle relaxants, zidovudine. Concurrent leukocyte transfusion: not recommended.
Infusion reactions (1–2 hrs post-infusion, e.g., transient chills/fever, rarely: bronchospasm, hypotension, arrhythmias, shock), nephrotoxicity, hepatotoxicity, anaphylaxis, respiratory/cardiac/neurological disorders, malaise, tinnitus, visual impairment, hearing loss, diarrhea; others: see literature.
Single-use vials (50mg, 100mg)—1 (w. filter needle)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma