Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as phosphate) 1.2%, benzoyl peroxide 2.5%; gel.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for ACANYA:
Topical treatment of acne vulgaris.
Wash and dry skin. Apply a small (pea-sized) amount in a thin layer to the face once daily. Wash hands after use.
History of regional enteritis, ulcerative or antibiotic-associated colitis.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, broken skin, sun, UV light. Discontinue if significant diarrhea occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Lincosamide antibiotic + antibacterial/keratolytic.
Avoid concomitant erythromycin. Additive irritation with other topical acne products. May potentiate neuromuscular blocking agents.
Application site pain, exfoliation, irritation; may bleach fabrics or hair; rare: superinfection, colitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline