Generic Name and Formulations:
Corticorelin ovine (as the trifluoroacetate) 100mcg/vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ACTHREL:
For use in differentiating pituitary and ectopic production of ACTH in patients with ACTH-dependent Cushings syndrome.
Adults and Children:
Testing pituitary corticotrophin function: 1mcg/kg IV as a single dose. ACTH and cortisol response prolonged and remain elevated for up to 2 hours. Doses >1mcg/kg: not recommended. If repeat test needed, do tests at the same time of day as original test.
Higher doses associated with transient tachycardia, decreased BP, loss of consciousness, and asystole; symptoms may be reduced if given as a 30 second IV infusion instead of bolus inj. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Plasma ACTH response inhibited by dexamethasone. Heparin to maintain IV cannula patency: not recommended.
Corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) analogue.
Flushing of the face, neck, upper chest; tachycardia, hypotension, dyspnea, chest compression or tightness with higher doses.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma