Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketorolac tromethamine 0.45%; oph soln; preservative-free.
Indications for ACUVAIL:
Ocular pain and inflammation after cataract surgery.
1 drop in the affected eye twice daily beginning 1 day prior to surgery, continue on day of surgery and through first 2 weeks post-op. Concomitant other topical ophthalmics (eg, alpha-agonists, beta-blockers, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, cycloplegics, mydriatics): administer at least 5 minutes apart.
Do not administer while wearing contacts. Aspirin/NSAID sensitivity. Asthma. Bleeding tendencies. Complicated or repeated ocular surgeries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Diabetes. Rheumatoid arthritis. May delay wound healing. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C): avoid in late pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant topical steroids may increase potential for healing problems.
Increased intraocular pressure, conjunctival hyperemia and/or hemorrhage, corneal edema, ocular pain, headache, tearing, blurred vision; keratitis, increased ocular bleeding (including hyphemas).
Single-use vials (0.4mL)—30
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML