ADALAT CC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nifedipine 30mg, 60mg, 90mg; ext rel tabs.
Indications for ADALAT CC:
Swallow whole on empty stomach. Initially 30mg once daily. Usual maintenance: 30–60mg once daily. Titrate over 7–14 days; max 90mg/day.
Aortic stenosis. Angina. Severe obstructive coronary artery disease. Heart failure. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Potentiates antihypertensives, digoxin, tacrolimus. Angina and heart failure possible with β-blockers. Potentiated by cimetidine, doxazosin, ketoconazole, valproic acid, grapefruit juice, other CYP3A4 inhibitors. Antagonized by rifampin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, St. John's wort, other CYP3A4 inducers. Monitor oral anticoagulants, quinidine. Hypotension possible with fentanyl.
Peripheral edema, headache, flushing, dizziness, fatigue, constipation, muscle cramps, rash; exacerbation of angina, heart failure (rare).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC