ADALAT CC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nifedipine 30mg, 60mg, 90mg; ext rel tabs.
Indications for ADALAT CC:
Swallow whole on empty stomach. Initially 30mg once daily. Usual maintenance: 30–60mg once daily. Titrate over 7–14 days; max 90mg/day.
Aortic stenosis. Angina. Severe obstructive coronary artery disease. Heart failure. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates antihypertensives, digoxin, tacrolimus. Angina and heart failure possible with β-blockers. Potentiated by cimetidine, doxazosin, ketoconazole, valproic acid, grapefruit juice, other CYP3A4 inhibitors. Antagonized by rifampin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, St. John's wort, other CYP3A4 inducers. Monitor oral anticoagulants, quinidine. Hypotension possible with fentanyl.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Peripheral edema, headache, flushing, dizziness, fatigue, constipation, muscle cramps, rash; exacerbation of angina, heart failure (rare).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML