Generic Name and Formulations:
Epinephrine (as HCl) 1mg/mL; soln for IM or SC inj; contains sulfites.
Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for ADRENALIN:
Emergency treatment of allergic reactions (Type I), including anaphylaxis. Bronchospasm. Urticaria. Angioedema. Serum sickness.
Adults and Children:
Do not dilute. Inject into the anterolateral aspect of the thigh. ≥30kg: 0.3–0.5mg SC or IM; max: 0.5mg per inj. <30kg: 0.01mg/kg SC or IM; max: 0.3mg per inj. Both: may repeat every 5–10 mins as necessary; rotate inj sites. Monitor clinically for reaction severity and cardiac effects.
Avoid injecting into the buttocks, digits, hands, or feet. Cardio or cerebrovascular disease. Hypertension. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Parkinson's disease, Pheochromocytoma. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with concomitant other sympathomimetic agents. Caution with cardiac glycosides, digitalis, diuretics, quinidine, and other arrhythmia-producing agents; monitor. Pressor effects may be potentiated by tricyclic antidepressants, MAOIs, antihistamines, levothyroxine. May be antagonized by α-blockers (eg, phentolamine), β-blockers (eg, propranolol), ergots. Caution with halogenated hydrocarbon general anesthetics (eg, halothane). Do not use to counteract effects of phenothiazines.
Anxiety, apprehensiveness, restlessness, tremor, weakness, dizziness, sweating, palpitations, pallor, nausea, vomiting, headache, respiratory difficulties, angina, arrhythmias, ventricular fibrillation (may be fatal), rapid rises in BP, cerebral hemorrhage; rare: serious infections at the inj site.
Single-dose vials (1mL)—25; Multi-dose vials (30mL)—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC