ADVIL SINUS CONGESTION & PAIN OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen 200mg, phenylephrine HCI 10mg; coated tabs.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ADVIL SINUS CONGESTION & PAIN:
Nasal congestion, headache, fever, sinus pressure, minor aches and pains.
Take with food. 1 tab every 4hrs; max 6 tabs/24hrs.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Aspirin allergy. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding (esp. ≥60yrs old). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or urinary obstruction. Reevaluate if fever persists or worsens >3 days or pain/nasal congestion lasts >7 days. Elderly. Pregnancy (avoid during 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers.
NSAID + sympathomimetic.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Caution with diuretics. Avoid aspirin, other pain relievers, nasal decongestants, or phenylephrine-containing products. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAIDs, ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day, or prolonged use.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, GI upset/bleed, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, feel faint, slurred speech), redness, swelling, allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC