AFLURIA QUADRIVALENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Quadrivalent, inactivated, "split virion" influenza vaccine (virus types A and B); contains a total of 60mcg of hemagglutinin per 0.5mL dose; formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj; may contain trace amounts of neomycin sulfate, polymyxin B.
Indications for AFLURIA QUADRIVALENT:
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not established. Each dose is 0.5mL by IM inj once in the deltoid. May be administered by needle and syringe (≥5yrs) or PharmaJet Stratis Needle-Free Injection System (18–64yrs only); see full labeling. 5–8yrs: 1 or 2 doses at least 1 month apart (depending on vaccination history as per annual ACIP recommendation). ≥9yrs: 1 dose.
Allergy to egg protein. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Have appropriate medical treatment and supervision readily available. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunocompromised. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: insufficient data (see full labeling). Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, tenderness, redness, swelling, pain, itching, bruising), headache, myalgia, malaise.
Single-dose prefilled syringe 0.5mL (preservative-free)—10 (without needles); Multi-dose vial 5mL (contains thimerosal)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML