ALFERON N Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Interferon alfa-n3 (human leukocyte derived) 5million IU/mL; inj; contains albumin (human).
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.
Indications for ALFERON N:
Refractory genital warts.
≥18yrs: 0.05mL (250,000 IU) injected into the base of each wart twice weekly; max 8 wks. Max dose per session: 0.5mL (2.5million IU). Wait 3 months before retreatment unless warts enlarge or new warts develop.
<18 yrs: not recommended.
Mouse immunoglobulin, egg protein, or neomycin allergy.
Cardiovascular or severe pulmonary disease. Coagulation or seizure disorders. Severe myelosuppression. Use effective contraception during treatment. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radical Prostatectomy Compared With Watchful Waiting in Localized Prostate Cancer
- Investigational Antiandrogen Drug Delays Metastasis in CRPC
- Treatment Guidelines in Cancer: Assessing Industry Influence on Recommendations
- American Society of Breast Surgeons Recommends Genetic Testing for All Patients With Breast Cancer
- No Benefit Seen From HSCT in Hypodiploid B-ALL
- Patients With CP-CML Deemed Less Likely to Continue Taking Generic Imatinib
- Opinion: Understanding the FDA's Take on Cannabidiol