ALKERAN FOR INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Melphalan HCl 50mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution.
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) Treatment Regimens: Extranodal NK/T-cell Lymphoma
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes Treatment Regimens
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) Treatment Regimens: Primary Cutaneous B-Cell Lymphoma Treatment Regimens
Indications for ALKERAN FOR INJECTION:
Palliative treatment of multiple myeloma when oral therapy is not appropriate.
Give by IV infusion over 15–20 minutes. 16mg/m2 every 2 weeks for a total of 4 doses, then at 4-week intervals. Continue treatment as hematological recovery permits. Renal insufficiency (BUN≥30mg/dL): consider reducing dose by 50%.
Prior resistance to melphalan.
Prior irradiation or chemotherapy. Bone marrow suppression. Azotemia. Monitor platelets, hemoglobin, WBC and differential at start of therapy and prior to each course; discontinue if WBC <3,000cells/µL or platelets <100,000cells/µL. Moderate to severe renal impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Radiotherapy potentiates antineoplastic effect. For IV: caution with cyclosporine, cisplatin, BCNU, nalidixic acid.
Bone marrow suppression, GI upset, hepatic dysfunction, anemia, blood dyscrasias, secondary malignancies (eg, nonlymphocytic leukemia), rash, alopecia, pulmonary fibrosis, interstitial pneumonitis, gonadal toxicity (amenorrhea, infertility); hypersensitivity reactions, cardiac arrest (rare).
Tabs—50; single-use vial—1 (w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma