Generic Name and Formulations:
Orlistat 60mg; caps.
Indications for ALLI:
Adjunct to reduced-calorie, low-fat diet for weight loss in overweight adults.
≥18yrs: 1 cap with each fat-containing meal. Max: 180mg/day. Also, take a multivitamin once daily at bedtime.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Organ transplant. Chronic malabsorption syndrome. Cholestasis.
Gallbladder disorder. Pancreatitis. Kidney stones. Seizures. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant cyclosporine: not recommended. May decrease absorption of fat-soluble vitamins; supplement diet with a multivitamin (separate dosing by at least 2 hours). Variable effects when concomitant anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), amiodarone, antidiabetics, antiepileptics, antiretrovirals, thyroid drugs, or other weight loss products; monitor and dose adjustments may be needed.
GI effects (oily spotting, flatus with discharge, fecal urgency, fatty/oily stools, oily evacuation, increased defecation, fecal incontinence); rare: hepatic injury.
Caps—60, 90, 120, 170
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma