AMICAR TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aminocaproic acid 500mg, 1000mg; scored tabs.
Clover Pharmaceuticals Corp.
Indications for AMICAR TABLETS:
Bleeding associated with fibrinolysis.
Initially 5g during 1st hour, then 1g/hour for 8 hours or until bleeding is controlled.
Active intravascular clotting process. Disseminated intravascular coagulation without concomitant heparin.
Upper urinary tract bleeding: not recommended. Cardiac, hepatic or renal disease. Risk of myopathy with long-term use; monitor creatine phosphokinase (CPK); discontinue if CPK rises. Avoid rapid IV administration. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant Factor IX complex or Anti-inhibitor Coagulant concentrates; may increase thrombosis risk.
Inj site reactions, bradycardia, hypotension, GI upset, edema, headache, malaise, CNS effects, thrombosis, others; rare: myopathy.
Tabs—100; Oral soln—473mL; Inj—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy