Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclobenzaprine HCl 15mg, 30mg; ext-rel caps.
Indications for AMRIX:
Adjunct to rest and physical therapy for relief of muscle spasm associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
Take at same time each day. 15mg once daily; may increase to 30mg/day given once daily. Max 2–3 weeks. Elderly or hepatic impairment: not recommended.
Acute post-MI. Arrhythmias, heart block, other conduction disturbances. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Not effective in treating spasticity associated with cerebral or spinal chord disease or in children with cerebral palsy. Urinary retention. Angle-closure glaucoma. Increased intraocular pressure. Hepatic impairment or elderly: not recommended. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Muscle relaxant (central).
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, SSRIs, SNRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, tramadol, bupropion, meperidine, verapamil, MAOIs); discontinue if occurs. Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants. May antagonize guanethidine, clonidine. May enhance seizure risk with concomitant tramadol.
Drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, headache, somnolence, constipation, nausea, dyspepsia, dysgeusia, tremor, nervousness, asthenia, blurred vision, confusion.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Ketogenic Diet as an Adjunct to Cancer Treatment
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Oncology Expected to Make Regulatory Waves
- Blinatumomab-Ponatinib Salvage Therapy in B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Case Report of Benefit
- FDA Provides Update on Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Nivolumab-Ipilimumab Survival Benefit in Advanced RCC Confirmed
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Adding Chemotherapy to Radiation Post-Radical Cystectomy Improves Survival in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer