Healthy HIV-positive patients with anal cancer are treated with standard chemoradiotherapy, but whether this patient population experiences worse outcomes or more severe toxic effects was previously unknown.
Researchers are evaluating whether DPX-E7 vaccination is safe and will improve outcomes among patients with HPV-positive head and neck, cervical, or anal cancer.
Nivolumab was clinically active and well-tolerated among patients with treatment-refractory metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal (SCCA).
Addition of cetuximab to definitive chemoradiation (CRT) reduces locoregional failure rates but is associated with grade 4 toxicity.
Care at radiation oncology centers with a higher volume is associated with improved survival among patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal.
Researchers argue that combination therapies targeting both mutations in the PI3K pathway and HER2 or hormone receptor overexpression should be evaluated across cancer types.
Incidence rates (IRs) of anal squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and squamous carcinoma in situ (CIS) have significantly increased overtime.
Human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 (HPV16) seropositivity is relatively common before anal cancer diagnosis.
The FDA has approved Gardasil 9 (9-valent human papillomavirus types) vaccine for the prevention of cervical, vulvar, vaginal, anal cancers.
[Clin Med Insights Oncol] HPV is a risk factor for anal intraepithelial neoplasia (AIN). Etiology, anatomy, pathogenesis, management of squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) discussed.
Results of ADXS-HPV with standard chemo and radiotherapy for HPV-associated anal cancer who have a high risk of recurrence.
Increased screening and changing demographics may explain the sharp rise in cases of squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal and anal carcinoma in situ.
Increased annual incidence of anal cancer in women is not influenced by HIV infection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Resveratrol and Cancer
- Liquid Biopsies and Cancer Detection: New Test Assesses Levels of Circulating Proteins for Early-Stage Diagnosis
- Understanding Telomerase: Higher Quality Images Give Insight Into Developing New Agents for Inhibition
- ARID1A Mutations Might Predict Tumor Response to Immunotherapy
- Global Burden of Myeloma Increasing, Access to Treatments Lacking
- ENESTfreedom Study Reports Durable Treatment-Free Remission in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia After 96 Weeks
- Adding Rituximab to Prednisolone May Improve Long-Term Response in Immune Thrombocytopenia
- FDA Updates Restrictions for Pembrolizumab, Atezolizumab in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Longer Overall Survival with FOLFIRINOX Versus Gemcitabine/nab-Paclitaxel in Pancreatic Cancer
- Dendritic Cell Vaccine Plus Salvage Chemotherapy Active in Gastric Cancer