Healthy HIV-positive patients with anal cancer are treated with standard chemoradiotherapy, but whether this patient population experiences worse outcomes or more severe toxic effects was previously unknown.
Researchers are evaluating whether DPX-E7 vaccination is safe and will improve outcomes among patients with HPV-positive head and neck, cervical, or anal cancer.
Nivolumab was clinically active and well-tolerated among patients with treatment-refractory metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal (SCCA).
Addition of cetuximab to definitive chemoradiation (CRT) reduces locoregional failure rates but is associated with grade 4 toxicity.
Care at radiation oncology centers with a higher volume is associated with improved survival among patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal.
Researchers argue that combination therapies targeting both mutations in the PI3K pathway and HER2 or hormone receptor overexpression should be evaluated across cancer types.
Incidence rates (IRs) of anal squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and squamous carcinoma in situ (CIS) have significantly increased overtime.
Human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 (HPV16) seropositivity is relatively common before anal cancer diagnosis.
The FDA has approved Gardasil 9 (9-valent human papillomavirus types) vaccine for the prevention of cervical, vulvar, vaginal, anal cancers.
[Clin Med Insights Oncol] HPV is a risk factor for anal intraepithelial neoplasia (AIN). Etiology, anatomy, pathogenesis, management of squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) discussed.
Results of ADXS-HPV with standard chemo and radiotherapy for HPV-associated anal cancer who have a high risk of recurrence.
Increased screening and changing demographics may explain the sharp rise in cases of squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal and anal carcinoma in situ.
Increased annual incidence of anal cancer in women is not influenced by HIV infection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- CAR-T Trial for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Under Way
- Daratumumab Combination: New Standard of Care in Transplant-Ineligible Multiple Myeloma
- Adjuvant Trastuzumab Emtansine Confers Improved Outcome in KATHERINE Trial
- Phase 3 GEICAM/CIBOMA Results: Adjuvant Capecitabine in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Extension of Adjuvant Anastrozole Regimen to 10 Years Yields Higher DFS, but Not OS
- Selinexor Trials Move Nuclear Suppressor Protein-Export Inhibition Closer to the Clinic for Multiple Myeloma
- Younger Breast Cancer Patients at Higher Risk for Osteoporosis
- Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Immunosurveillance in Multiple Myeloma Identified
- Gly101Val Mutation Directly Causes Resistance to Venetoclax
- Can Treatments for Childhood ALL Alter the Gut Microbiome?