Generic Name and Formulations:
Flucytosine 250mg, 500mg; caps.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for ANCOBON:
In combination with amphotericin B: Candida infections in septicemia, endocarditis, UTIs and pulmonary infections; cryptococcus infections in meningitis, pulmonary, septicemia, and UTIs.
Adults and Children:
50–150mg/kg per day given in divided doses every 6 hours. To minimize GI upset, give a few capsules at a time over 15 minutes. Renal impairment: give initial dose at lower range.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor electrolytes, blood count, renal and hepatic function before and during therapy. Bone marrow depression (eg, hematologic disease, history or currently treated with radiation or bone marrow depressants). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antagonized by cytosine arabinoside. May be potentiated by drugs that impair glomerular filtration.
Cardiac events, chest pain, dyspnea, GI upset, abdominal pain, hepatic dysfunction, elevated creatinine and BUN, blood dyscrasias, ataxia, headache, confusion, fatigue, hypoglycemia, hypokalemia, rash, allergic reactions, others.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy