Generic Name and Formulations:
Fomepizole 1g/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc
Indications for ANTIZOL:
Ethylene glycol or methanol poisoning; or suspected ethylene glycol or methanol ingestion, either alone or in combination with hemodialysis.
Give by slow IV infusion over 30mins. Loading dose of 15mg/kg, followed by 10mg/kg every 12hrs for 4 doses, then 15mg/kg every 12hrs until ethylene glycol or methanol concentration is <20mg/dL and patient is asymptomatic with normal pH. Hemodialysis: see literature.
Allergy to pyrazoles.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Renal failure, significant or worsening metabolic acidosis, or high ethylene glycol or methanol concentrations (≥50mg/dL); consider hemodialysis in addition to fomepizole. Obtain blood gases, pH, electrolytes, liver enzymes, BUN, creatinine, urinalysis, ECG, WBCs frequently during therapy. Monitor serum and urine ethylene glycol concentrations and presence of urinary oxalate crystals; or serum methanol concentrations. Monitor for allergic reactions. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Alcohol dehydrogenase inhibitor.
Potentiates or potentiated by ethanol. May affect or be affected by CYP450 inducers/inhibitors (eg, phenytoin, carbamazepine, cimetidine, ketoconazole).
Headache, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, bad taste/metallic taste; rare: mild rash, eosinophilia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC