Generic Name and Formulations:
Fomepizole 1g/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc
Indications for ANTIZOL:
Ethylene glycol or methanol poisoning; or suspected ethylene glycol or methanol ingestion, either alone or in combination with hemodialysis.
Give by slow IV infusion over 30mins. Loading dose of 15mg/kg, followed by 10mg/kg every 12hrs for 4 doses, then 15mg/kg every 12hrs until ethylene glycol or methanol concentration is <20mg/dL and patient is asymptomatic with normal pH. Hemodialysis: see literature.
Allergy to pyrazoles.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Renal failure, significant or worsening metabolic acidosis, or high ethylene glycol or methanol concentrations (≥50mg/dL); consider hemodialysis in addition to fomepizole. Obtain blood gases, pH, electrolytes, liver enzymes, BUN, creatinine, urinalysis, ECG, WBCs frequently during therapy. Monitor serum and urine ethylene glycol concentrations and presence of urinary oxalate crystals; or serum methanol concentrations. Monitor for allergic reactions. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates or potentiated by ethanol. May affect or be affected by CYP450 inducers/inhibitors (eg, phenytoin, carbamazepine, cimetidine, ketoconazole).
Alcohol dehydrogenase inhibitor.
Headache, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, bad taste/metallic taste; rare: mild rash, eosinophilia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy