Carbinoxamine Maleate Oral Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Carbinoxamine maleate 4mg/5mL; bubble gum flavor.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Carbinoxamine Maleate Oral Solution:
Allergic (seasonal and perennial) and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, urticaria, angioedema, reactions to blood. Adjunct in anaphylaxis. Dermatographism.
4–8mg 3–4 times daily.
<2yrs: contraindicated. 2–5yrs: 0.2–0.4mg/kg/day in 3–4 divided doses. 6–11yrs: 2–4mg 3–4 times daily.
Children <2yrs old. Concomitant MAOIs. Nursing mothers.
Not for treating lower respiratory tract symptoms, including asthma. Narrow angle glaucoma. Peptic ulcer. GI or GU obstruction. Increased intraocular pressure. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
CNS depression potentiated by alcohol (avoid), other CNS depressants. MAOIs potentiate anticholinergic effects.
Sedation, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination, GI upset, thickening of bronchial secretions, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Formerly known under the brand name Arbinoxa.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Oncology Expected to Make Regulatory Waves
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- FDA Provides Update on Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Q&A With Mark B. Gerstein, PhD, on Diagnostic Genomic vs Exomic Sequencing
- Immune Signature for Renal Cell Papillary Carcinoma Predicts Outcome
- Nivolumab-Ipilimumab Survival Benefit in Advanced RCC Confirmed
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Adding Chemotherapy to Radiation Post-Radical Cystectomy Improves Survival in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer