Generic Name and Formulations:
Carbinoxamine maleate 4mg; scored tabs.
Indications for ARBINOXA:
Allergic (seasonal and perennial) and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, urticaria, angioedema, reactions to blood. Adjunct in anaphylaxis. Dermatographism.
4–8mg 3–4 times daily.
<2yrs: contraindicated. 2–5yrs: 0.2–0.4mg/kg/day in 3–4 divided doses. 6–11yrs: 2–4mg 3–4 times daily.
Children <2yrs old. Concomitant MAOIs. Nursing mothers.
Not for treating lower respiratory tract symptoms, including asthma. Narrow angle glaucoma. Peptic ulcer. GI or GU obstruction. Increased intraocular pressure. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
CNS depression potentiated by alcohol (avoid), other CNS depressants. MAOIs potentiate anticholinergic effects.
Sedation, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination, GI upset, thickening of bronchial secretions, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Tabs—100; Oral soln—16oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy