ARCAPTA NEOHALER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indacaterol 75mcg; inhalation pwd hard capsules for use with Neohaler device.
Indications for ARCAPTA NEOHALER:
Long-term maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction in patients with COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.
For oral inhalation use only with Neohaler device; do not swallow caps. Remove cap from blister pack immediately before use. Inhale contents of one 75mcg cap daily.
LABA use in asthma patients without use of long-term control medication.
Long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonists increase the risk of asthma-related death.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Not recommended for treating asthma or acute deteriorations of COPD. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for primary treatment of acute symptoms. Prescribe a short-acting β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Thyrotoxicosis. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Hypokalemia. Hyperglycemia. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Severe hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
See Contraindications. Avoid other sympathomimetics (except short-acting bronchodilators). Extreme caution with MAOIs, tricyclics, others that prolong QTc interval. Antagonized by β-blockers. K+-depleting diuretics, theophylline, aminophylline, steroids may potentiate hypokalemia.
Cough, oropharyngeal pain, nasopharyngitis, headache, nausea; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue immediately and use alternative therapy).
Blister pack—30 + one Neohaler device
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Ketogenic Diet as an Adjunct to Cancer Treatment
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Oncology Expected to Make Regulatory Waves
- Blinatumomab-Ponatinib Salvage Therapy in B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Case Report of Benefit
- FDA Provides Update on Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Nivolumab-Ipilimumab Survival Benefit in Advanced RCC Confirmed
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Adding Chemotherapy to Radiation Post-Radical Cystectomy Improves Survival in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer