Generic Name and Formulations:
Argatroban 100mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution.
Indications for ARGATROBAN:
Prophylaxis and treatment of thrombosis in heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) or in those with or at risk of HIT undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
HIT: discontinue heparin and obtain baseline aPTT. Initially 2 mcg/kg/min by continuous IV infusion; check aPTT 2hrs after starting; titrate to 1.5–3x baseline aPTT (max 100seconds); max 10 mcg/kg/min. PCI: initially 25 mcg/kg/min by IV infusion, and 350mcg/kg bolus by large bore IV line over 3–5mins; titrate based on activated clotting time (ACT) to therapeutic ACT of 300–450seconds. For both: hepatic impairment: reduce dose (see full labeling). Conversion to oral anticoagulants: see full labeling.
Increased bleeding risk (eg, severe hypertension, recent lumbar puncture, spinal anesthesia, major surgery, bleeding disorders, GI lesions). Hepatic impairment. PCI: avoid high doses in significant hepatic disease or AST/ALT ≥3x ULN. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of bleeding with thrombolytics, warfarin, heparin, antiplatelets, GP IIb/IIIa blockers.
Bleeding, dyspnea, hypotension, fever, diarrhea, sepsis, cardiac arrest, chest pain, back pain, nausea, vomiting, headache.
Single-use vial (2.5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML