Generic Name and Formulations:
Anastrozole 1mg; tabs.
Indications for ARIMIDEX:
In postmenopausal women: adjuvant treatment of hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer; first-line treatment of hormone receptor-positive or unknown locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer; advanced breast cancer with disease progression after tamoxifen therapy.
1mg once daily. Advanced disease: continue until tumor progression.
Women who are or may become pregnant. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Pre-existing ischemic heart disease. Severe hepatic impairment. Monitor bone mineral density, cholesterol. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antagonized by tamoxifen, estrogens; do not give concomitantly.
Hot flashes, asthenia, arthritis, pain, arthralgia, pharyngitis, hypertension, depression, nausea, vomiting, rash, osteoporosis, fractures, back pain, insomnia, headache, peripheral edema, lymphedema, dyspnea, dizziness, paresthesia, vaginal bleeding, cough, hypercholesterolemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML